Global Vision for Young Tibetans Conference
Tibetan Settlement, Bylakuppe
14-17 December 2017
Fifty-eight years in exile, Tibetans today have come a long way from labouring on roads in the foothills of Himalayas and are considered one of the most successful refugee community in the world. Despite the fact that literacy rate is high among Tibetans, yet the need to continue to motivate and inspire young Tibetans to become self-reliant, dynamic and contributing members of the community in which they live are ever greater.
In addressing the need, over the years ENVISION as part of its youth empowering initiatives has organized four Global Vision for Young Tibetans Conferences (GVYT). This is a biennale event emphasizing the motto Mindful Tibetan with a Global Vision, primarily between the ages of 18-35.
This year the conference will be hosted in Bylakuppe, one of the biggest Tibetan settlements in South India, also ensuring maximum participation from southern settlement and regions. The conference will bring together mostly young contributors to share their work and views on issues affecting them.
To ensure deeper and active engagement of the participants, the conference will have two components: motivational session and learning session. Further, there will be three informal sessions with the local community members including an exchange with student bodies, local community change makers, and an educational tour of the settlement.
In Short, the objective of the conference is:
- To facilitate a platform where young Tibetan students, professionals and ENVISION beneficiaries gather to discuss and share ideas for self and community development
- To provide leadership training to young Tibetans
- To inspire and motivate young Tibetans to achieve their aspirations
- To celebrate success and achievements of young Tibetans
Through the conference, we hope:
- Participants will leave with a greater sense of purpose and motivation
- Participants would have acquired some new skills on self-development
- Create awareness of emerging Tibetan generations in the community
- Network opportunities for participants
- Assess impact of ENVISION programmes through participating beneficiaries
- Create opportunities to become agents of change in the community